The Ohio Flag was adopted on May 9th, 1902. The Ohio Flag has the nation’s color. The O shows the name Ohio. The 17 stars represent that Ohio was the 17th state to join the Union. The unique shape of the Ohio Flag represents the hills and valleys of Ohio.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Nylon printed with gold fringe
– Made from long lasting Nylon
– Ceremonial Gold fringe stitched around edges
– Double thickness/texture of the “Standard Quality” flags
– Long lasting, bright and beautiful
– Designs are through-printed and visible on both sides
– Double and quad stitched edges all around
– Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings for added durability
– Attaches easily to any flag pole (indoor or outdoor)
– Fair weather use only/indoor
– Parades, events and honor displays
– Schools, civic events, Scouting
– Long term decoration use
Note: Fringe is securely attached but limits outdoor usage.