Became a US State: 1850
The California Flag was hung at Sonoma on June 14th, 1846 to show some citizens dislike of Mexican rule. The star is like the lone star on the Texas Flag and was actually done that way to imitate it. The bear on the California Flag shows strength. The original California Flag was drawn on a piece of unbleached cotton.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Cotton Authentic
– Beautiful, full textured and striking
– Cotton weave looks, feels and moves properly
– Designs are embroidered on both sides
– Design reads properly on the front side and backwards on the reverse (as per proper flag construction see here
– Attaches easily to any flag pole
– Re-enactment, historical drama
– Indoor displays, Museums
– Honor Guards, Color guards*
– Caskets, Memorials, Funerals
– Official Uses, diplomatic display
(NOTE: Not for outdoor or wet use. *May be too heavy for long term marching use. See Nylon flags for lighter alternatives.)
There are no reviews yet.