The Illinois Flag was adopted in 1915. The eagle on the American shield shows its loyalty to the Union. The lake in the Illinois Flag is Lake Michigan, a lake that borders the state. On July 1st, 1970, the name Illinois was added to the Illinois Flag.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Polyester with gold fringe
– Ceremonial Gold fringe stitched around edges
– Our Standard Quality
– Long lasting, bright and beautiful
– Designs are through-printed and visible on both sides
– Double and quad stitched edges all around
– Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings for added durability
– Attaches easily to any flag pole (indoor or outdoor)
– Fair weather use only/indoor
– Parades, events and honor displays
– Schools, civic events, Scouting
– Long term decoration use
Note: Fringe is securely attached but limits outdoor usage.