The 17th Virginia Infantry fought throughout the entire Civil War, from the First Manassas (Bull Run) to Appomattox. Some of its fights included Seven Days’ Battles, Second Battle of Bull Run, Antietam, Fredericksburg, Siege of Suffolk, Williamsburg, Cold Harbor, Sharpsburg, Siege of Petersburg, Battle of Five Forks, Sailor’s Creek – and the list goes on.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Cotton Authentic
– Beautiful, full textured and striking
– Cotton weave looks, feels and moves properly
– Designs are embroidered
– Attaches easily to any flag pole
Note on the reverse (backs) of flags: It is standard traditional flag construction that images, words and other adornments on a flag are “backwards” when viewed from behind. It is not correct to sew two standard flags back-to-back in order for them to read the same from both directions.
– Re-enactment, historical drama
– Indoor displays, Museums
– Honor Guards, Color guards*
– Caskets, Memorials, Funerals
– Official Uses, diplomatic display
(NOTE: Not for outdoor or wet use (think ‘wet towel’).
*May be too heavy for long term marching use. See Nylon flags for lighter alternatives.)