Flag Qualities and Uses Guide
Flags come in nylon, polyester and cotton and can vary greatly in construction.
Some qualities are best for light use while others some could hang off the back of a fighting battleship in a hurricane.
When choosing a flag, choose the right quality based on its planned use.
Not all flags come in all qualities. The more common the flag design (Like USA), the more qualities it will be available in.
All flags are visible from both sides and it is proper that text on a flag be mirrored on the reverse (back) side of a flag. It is standard traditional flag construction that images, words and other adornments on a flag are "backwards" when viewed from behind. It is not correct to sew two standard flags back-to-back in order for them to read the same from both directions.
From lowest to highest here are the various flag quality levels:
Standard Quality - Super-weave polyester
- Our most popular quality level
- 100% synthetic waterproof material
- Designs are through-dyes and visible on both sides
- Bright, fade-resistant dye
- Double stitched edges all around
- Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- Attaches easily to any flag pole
- Fair weather outdoor display
- Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- Seasonal decoration, home use
- Demonstrations, protests, parades
Note: The gold fringe is securely attached but not for weather usage.